The Vienna Dance Concourse takes place in the heart of Vienna, in the Vienna City Hall in its Festival Hall.
Address: 1010 Wien, Friedrich-Schmidt-Platz 1
Entrance to the hall from the entrance Lichtenfelsgasse, upstairs on Feststiege1
Attention: there will be no podiums for the seats! You will find wide gateways through the seats to pass in accordance with the oneway-system at the competition.
Please observe the green and red flags for ENTRY and EXIT on the floor!
WDSF Competitions are danced on a floor with 24m x 12m.
The hall offers a buffet for small snacks and drinks during the full time of the Competitions.
Changing Rooms are available in several halls directly connected with the competition hall. Color-codes will advise for your planned changing room - please keep to your addressed room!
Foto Services and Shops for Dance Accessoires are available.
Important information: how to reach the Vienna City Hall by public transport!
Due to construction work on Subway line U2 from May 31st 2021 until Autumn 2023 the stop "Rathaus" is not available!
Nearest tram-stops to the Vienna City Hall:
- Tram line 2: stop Rathaus
- Tram lines 1, D and 71: stop Rathausplatz/Burgtheater
- Line U2Z (additional line during U2 Update): stop Rathausplatz/Burgtheater
Please note: the holiday timetable is applied!
Further information (German language only): https://www.wien.gv.at/verkehr/oeffentlich/u2-sperre-karlsplatz-rathaus.html
Important information for coming by car:
Short-term parking in Vienna
The area-wide short-term parking zone has been in effect in all districts of Vienna since March 1st, 2022. Parking is chargeable in every district of Vienna. You need a parking ticket (1.10 euros per half hour) to park your vehicle in public parking spaces.
- Valid from Monday to Friday (working days) from 9 am to 10 pm
- Parking duration: with parking ticket or HANDYPARKEN (= parking with app on your mobile phone): maximum 2 hours
Short-term parking: https://www.wien.gv.at/verkehr/parken/kurzparkzonen/index.html
Parking fees in Vienna: https://www.wien.gv.at/verkehr/parken/kurzparkzonen/gebuehren/index.html
Handyparken (= parking with app on your mobile phone) in Vienna:
Public parking garages in the immediate vicinity of the Vienna City Hall
- Parking garage Rathauspark, operated by BOE Gebäudemanagement GmbH,
- Parking garage Rathauspark - Wien | APCOA, operated by APCOA Parking Austria GmbH,
- Parking garage Rathausquartier - Wien | APCOA, operated by APCOA Parking Austria GmbH,
- Parking garage Schmerlingplatz, operated by BOE Gebäudemanagement GmbH,
All statements without guarantee and no guarantee of completeness!